• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to play music from sd card on htc inspire?

AreJaye

Hey guys, when I download a song off the net from my phone using my dolphin browser I have it set up for downloads to go to SDcard/downloads. But I can't figure out or find how to get to them to play? If I use the regular browser that came with the phone and I download a song, it goes right into the music folder. That's pretty much what I want except I don't want my music on the phone I want it on the SD card! Anyone follow me here? Basically I want a music folder in my icons that I can click and play music, that is on my SD card, and that can be downloaded straight to from the phone. Please help thanks!

download Astro file manager, navigate to that folder, and hit it to play. Or you can move it to the Music folder so your music player app will see it.

Ok iv got/had astro. So every time I dl a song I have to move it to the music folder to play it? That would mean that I'm storing songs on my phone though right? Not what I really wanted. Basically I just want to use the native music player to play songs on my SD card that iv downloaded or put on the card via my pc and somehow have a shortcut folder on my home screen. That possible? The astro player is kinda generic and won't let me multi-task.

Ok iv got/had astro. So every time I dl a song I have to move it to the music folder to play it? That would mean that I'm storing songs on my phone though right? ...

If you have a Music folder at the root of your sdcard, the player does the right things. HTC support tells me that the phone apps actually scan the SD card for music and pix when you power up the phone.

It works for me. In my case, when I download, the files go to the download folder as you describe. I usually connect to my laptop and move files around that way because I also have music there that I also want on my phone.

I want to move music from my laptop to my phone, but when i put the SD card in my computer I can't find any of my music on it. There is no folder that has the songs i've played on my Inspire, and when i check the phone without the SD card to see if they're stored on the phone it says i have to mount the SD card. What should I do? I doubt making a folder would be recognized, and why can't I find the music I know I have on the sd card anyway?

Back
Top Bottom