• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how to port stock ics?

Snake X

Android Expert
I am tryin to become a rom developer (eventually) so I guess this in my opinion would be a good beginners task.. to port stock ics from the aosp code but what are the steps in doing this?

This is far more difficult than it sounds. HTC hasn't released the source for ICS, so no one has been able to build a 100% working kernel for AOSP. And those guys have been playing with it since January for the Evo 3D. If you want to learn how to develop ROMs, I would recommend you mess with the stock Sense ROM, first. Although I'm not a dev, either, so I can't honestly say that's the best path or not.

so why am I not able to modify the aosp source and modify the kernel source to make it work?

also i read somewhere that ICS doesnt support the MSM8660 SoC?

Also im sure porting dat camera will be a joyride.. ;)

This is far more difficult than it sounds. HTC hasn't released the source for ICS, so no one has been able to build a 100% working kernel for AOSP. And those guys have been playing with it since January for the Evo 3D. If you want to learn how to develop ROMs, I would recommend you mess with the stock Sense ROM, first. Although I'm not a dev, either, so I can't honestly say that's the best path or not.

Well I hear that ICS should be coming to the Sprint 3Ds soon. So do you think when that happens they will release the source?

what does HTC's ics source have to do with it? why not compile aosp and put it on there? (of course fixing stuff first)

Back
Top Bottom