• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to prevent from upgrading to 4.4.2 KitKat?

Cadenza

Lurker
For the reasons given in other thread (http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...sung-galaxy-tab-3-sm-t310-kitkat-4-4-2-a.html) by Bodiccea (thank you, Bodiccea!), I don't want to update to KitKat. Apparently, I have only the option of installing it later (30 min/1 hr/3hrs) and I could not a find a way of telling the device (mine is SM-T310 WiFi) "Do NOT install/update". Is there a way of doing it? Big thank you for anyone who would help me!
 
I was getting the update screen daily, and may have found a solution.
Here's what seems to work for me. When the screen asking to update pops up, select one of the "update later" options. Pull down notifications from the top of the screen, and long press the update notification, then press App Info. You can do a forced stop from here.

Then under settings/About device/Software update, uncheck "Check for updates automatically." I haven't seen the update nag screen for a few days now.
 
Back
Top Bottom