• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [How-to?][Question]Samsung Admire EXT4 Support

Ionkiller

Hello all, I typed up this "question" post seeking information on ext4, and I just wanted to get something completely cleared up for my own sake, and other's sake aswell. I've seen similar posts to this one, but none that actually answered my question. I feel that it's kinda hard to ask, because I don't know whether I should ask how we should get it on the SD-Card, or the Device itself(From what I'm hearing, it's all so confusing). So, I've seen many overclocked ROMS with ext4 support and some with ONLY ext4 support OC Kernels, I feel teased knowing that many are running 900 mHz. I know all of the dangers of flashing things, how you should make backups, and it's my own fault if my phone blows up or turns into a mini nuke of destruction. I just simply want an explanation about Samsung Admire 2.3.6 ext4 support, how to get it, and how to see if you have it, any information would be great. BTW, some people said that their Admires are bad at running OC kernels, I run 800mhz steady on my default CPU profile for most of the day(at around 9:00PM, I turn the minimum mHz down), so I think mine may be able to run 900 mHz(I probably won't run 900 steady though, I don't enslave my Admire so much :) )

Thanks guys!

Hello all, I typed up this "question" post seeking information on ext4, and I just wanted to get something completely cleared up for my own sake, and other's sake aswell. I've seen similar posts to this one, but none that actually answered my question. I feel that it's kinda hard to ask, because I don't know whether I should ask how we should get it on the SD-Card, or the Device itself(From what I'm hearing, it's all so confusing). So, I've seen many overclocked ROMS with ext4 support and some with ONLY ext4 support OC Kernels, I feel teased knowing that many are running 900 mHz. I know all of the dangers of flashing things, how you should make backups, and it's my own fault if my phone blows up or turns into a mini nuke of destruction. I just simply want an explanation about Samsung Admire 2.3.6 ext4 support, how to get it, and how to see if you have it, any information would be great. BTW, some people said that their Admires are bad at running OC kernels, I run 800mhz steady on my default CPU profile for most of the day(at around 9:00PM, I turn the minimum mHz down), so I think mine may be able to run 900 mHz(I probably won't run 900 steady though, I don't enslave my Admire so much :) )

Thanks guys!

I'll answer best I can since I'm no expert. Well first off even if you can steadily keep your admire at 800mhz without any hiccups it doesn't mean you can do the same at 900mhz or if it'll even run with the oc kernel installed.

Now for ext4. As far as I know just having a rom installed that was flashed through cwm 5.0.2.8 adds support for the ext4 filesystem. Some phones automatically support ext4 but the admire doesn't. Also do you mean oc kernels that support ext4?

I'll answer best I can since I'm no expert. Well first off even if you can steadily keep your admire at 800mhz without any hiccups it doesn't mean you can do the same at 900mhz or if it'll even run with the oc kernel installed.

Now for ext4. As far as I know just having a rom installed that was flashed through cwm 5.0.2.8 adds support for the ext4 filesystem. Some phones automatically support ext4 but the admire doesn't. Also do you mean oc kernels that support ext4?

Yeah I meant OC kernels that support ext4, sorry if I didnt make it clear, but thanks for the reply, if Im not mistaken, you are saying that I can flash CWM 5.0.2.8 through ODIN, and flash a ROM with an OC kernel, It'll add ext4 support?

Hm, it appears that CWM 5.0.2.8 isn't available from the thread as the Mediafire link is broken. Anyone have an untouched copy of the file? I'm trying to flash it as it is required for OC kernels and ext4 ROMS, I also need it to flash the first version of CWM 6.x.x.x .

Thanks guys.

Yeah I meant OC kernels that support ext4, sorry if I didnt make it clear, but thanks for the reply, if Im not mistaken, you are saying that I can flash CWM 5.0.2.8 through ODIN, and flash a ROM with an OC kernel, It'll add ext4 support?

No only cwm 5.0.2.7 can be flashed through odin. After that then you can flash 5.0.2.8 in the recovery menu. I think cwm .2.8 is what provides ext4 support . Well that's how I look at it.

Hm, it appears that CWM 5.0.2.8 isn't available from the thread as the Mediafire link is broken. Anyone have an untouched copy of the file? I'm trying to flash it as it is required for OC kernels and ext4 ROMS, I also need it to flash the first version of CWM 6.x.x.x .

Thanks guys.

There's a link to it in my thread http://androidforums.com/admire-all-things-root/587926-rom-oa-2-3-20-final-ext4-rfs-updated-09-23-12-a.html

No only cwm 5.0.2.7 can be flashed through odin. After that then you can flash 5.0.2.8 in the recovery menu. I think cwm .2.8 is what provides ext4 support . Well that's how I look at it.

There's a link to it in my thread http://androidforums.com/admire-all-things-root/587926-rom-oa-2-3-20-final-ext4-rfs-updated-09-23-12-a.html

Top man! You've done it Kage, I went on and flashed 6.0.3.2 after 5.0.2.8 cause 5.0.2.8 sucks :p . Jk, but it all worked out, and my device runs 900mhz steady very well, but I prefer to keep my default profile at min: 480 and max: 900 for most of the day. I let my battery cool down after a long day while charging. Also, the battery runs up really fast on 900mhz steady, you can almost see the juices being sucked from my battery :( . But, thanks anyway.

Back
Top Bottom