• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to reinstall Video player

NickNas

My video player on my 10.1 2014 ( With Kitkat) Suddenly stopped working. When I try to launch it it opens wheel spins and Crashes and I see a VERY brief window that says updating.

I like the player and would like to use it. I downloaded a new one and it works fine but cannot find a way to uninstall and reinstall the stock one without doing a PIA full on reset. Any Ideas?

If the "stock" one is a system app you have to be rooted. If not, just uninstall it like you would any other app.

If the "stock" one is a system app you have to be rooted. If not, just uninstall it like you would any other app.

??? So if it is the system player that came with kitkat i have to ROOT my PHONE in order to fix it??
I will just download another app and just forget the samsung one. What a stupid design.

??? So if it is the system player that came with kitkat i have to ROOT my PHONE in order to fix it??
I will just download another app and just forget the samsung one. What a stupid design.

System apps are in a protected area for a reason. If an app in that area becomes damaged, you may have to reflash the firmware.

Have you tried uninstalling the updates? menu>settings>applications find the media player and tap clear cache and uninstall updates. Then just to be save, reboot the tab. If media plays after that, try updating again. You may have had a corrupted update.

Back
Top Bottom