• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to remove excess windows?

Willabong

On my Galaxy Tab 10.1, I have several windows I can move to with a side swipe. The problem is that the Tab has added 2 more that are empty, and they sit between my home screen and my application screen, so when I wish to go to my application screen, I have to swipe passed two empty screens to get there.
Is there a way (I can't find) to remove these extra screens?:(

On the "unwanted" screen tap and hold anywhere on the screen.The screen will reduce in size. A recycle bin will appear at the top of the tablet screen. while still holding the reduced screen drag it onto the recycle bin and hold until it flashes red. Repeat for other screen. NOTE the one with the "+" cannot be deleted and tapping on that will automatically add another screen :)

There are 7 screens, 2 of these are empty.....Tapping and holding on the little dot that represents the screen on the top of the screen causes the screen to reduce to about half the size and display a number that corresponds to the screens position on my device, tapping on the screen itself and holding offers some editing options (nothing to do with removing the screen) ..... There is no visible recycle bin shown anywhere on the screen, and dragging the screen does nothing.
I hope this makes sense to you?

There are 7 screens, 2 of these are empty.....Tapping and holding on the little dot that represents the screen on the top of the screen causes the screen to reduce to about half the size and display a number that corresponds to the screens position on my device, tapping on the screen itself and holding offers some editing options (nothing to do with removing the screen) ..... There is no visible recycle bin shown anywhere on the screen, and dragging the screen does nothing.
I hope this makes sense to you?
:D:D
Nearly had a heart attack when my guide did not work for me and added two blank screens!!!!.
I take it you are also on JB 4.1.2(I updated on Monday) What I described worked on ICS 4.0.4
Here is the "new: method. On any screen pinch from the corner's to the centre, this will minimise the screens and present you with the recycle bin. I am now back to two active screens(small dots at the top)

Spikes

I'm not a Rugby fan really.....But you will find it a lot harder than it has been in the past.
Wales is now a match for you southern half sides, and win or loose, you will know you've been in a match!

Back
Top Bottom