• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to Remove Old Email Accounts

arronyanx

Lurker
Apr 26, 2019
So I just bought a new phone last week and I'm in the process of downloading all my apps and setting it up. I was trying to log into the Slack app when this pop-up appeared with a list of all the emails that I've ever used.

Half of them were old email accounts that I haven't used in a while and they ranged from Gmail to Yahoo to Outlook and even my old college email address showed up. Where are these emails stored and how can I remove them from my device?

I've wrecked my brain and could not figure this out. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 140
welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would check you app's settings? it is not coming from andriod. where these old emails tied to your slack acct?

Thanks for the welcome! The first thing I did was to check the Accounts section in Settings but only two of my main email addresses are there. I can't see how it could be tied to my Slack account since I only started using Slack last year but some of the email addresses on that list are from 5 years ago.

I'm confuzzled. :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones