• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to retrieve info from old broken phone?

andybean

Lurker
Hi all, my old Gravity Smart (GS) got run over by a car, separating the screen from the main body/keyboard. I can tell the main body still works as it still rings (!) and I can change the volume. I want to get my calendar info (which never synched right with Gmail), some sound recordings, and all of my memos off of the old device's internal memory (none of it was on the SD card) and onto my new GS. I am at a loss for how to do that, or if it's even possible. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Welcome to the forums, andybean.
Are you able to plug in your phone to your pc? Can you download all your files to it?
I'm shocked it was run over by a car and is still this functional! :eek:

Thanks for the response. I can plug it in via USB, but nothing happens. Before the incident, when I plugged it in all I could do was mess with the SD card, it never allowed me access to any other part of the phone (e.g., the internal memory).

The SD card won't show up unless you enable USB mode, which you can't do without the touchscreen.

If you haven't already, try rooting it via SuperOneClick and if it succeeds, reboot the phone. Then I can give you some ADB instructions to copy stuff to the SD card.

Back
Top Bottom