• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to root at&t gs2

I underclocked my phone to 800mhz because I think logically this could save on battery. I haven't seen much of a decline in performance.

No luck with Barnacle any other good wifi tether apps?

Anything else fun or productive to do without flashing roms?

You'll probably find something in this list. You should definitely get IntoNow (free). It's like Shazam, except for TV shows and it works amazingly well.

Reactions: acp
Upvote 0
So I'm a new android user and am looking at rooting to get to titanium plus some other things ... so I followed a link to xdA RE: ROOTING s2 and I noticed a red " NOT WORKING FOR KK6 2.3.6" I'm running Android 2.3.6 so before I go further I thought I'd ask if somebody could explain that .. not sure what KK6 is .. not even sure it applies but I'm a move slow and steady type..

Upvote 0
So I'm a new android user and am looking at rooting to get to titanium plus some other things ... so I followed a link to xdA RE: ROOTING s2 and I noticed a red " NOT WORKING FOR KK6 2.3.6" I'm running Android 2.3.6 so before I go further I thought I'd ask if somebody could explain that .. not sure what KK6 is .. not even sure it applies but I'm a move slow and steady type..

KK6 refers to the specific build number of your version. If you go to menu>settings>about phone you will see yours listed there. 2.3.6 was the last official update for Gingerbread on the S2 and some of the earlier rooting methods don't work for this.

Once rooted do you intend to stay with Gingerbread or are you looking for an ICS rom to flash?

Upvote 0
I get stuck on step 5 - Waiting for device... Went through troubleshooting process and SuperOneClick still did not work. It looks like it is no longer supported because the developer site (shortfuse.org) has been down?

The Skyrocket (SGH-i727) is not the same as the SGS2 (SGH-i777). It is important that you use the root method for your specific model or you could render your device unusable.

You need to check this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1340526

Reactions: avgdroid
Upvote 0
That could have been messy - Thanks! After my failed attempt I researched further and found another source that also uses Odin. (How To Root the Samsung Galaxy S II (All Versions) - TheUnlockrTheUnlockr) The site that you are sent to from that list of instructions to download that file looks like it is downloading other files that I dont trust. I successfully downloaded Odin from the resource you gave - thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones