• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to Root my S9+ phone

EG3

Lurker
I am trying to root my phone with no success. Does anyone know a program that will root a sm-g956u phone

well do you have a custom recovery? if so hopefully you made a nandroid backup. if so then you can just restore the backup and bam!!!!!! they are there.

if you did not then you are s.o.l.

edit: sorry i forgot you have not rooted it. but the answer is yes. but it will not work for you at the moment

in order to restore something like that you would have had a phone already rooted with a custom recovery and have made a nandroid backup.

a nandroid backup is a complete backup of your os and its data.

you cannot just root the phone and recover something that was deleted. part of the rooting process is that your data would have been deleted anyways.

so it is gone as you would say...so why do all these websites and youtube videos say, root and restore with just 1-click, very misleading

I never seen anything online saying that you can restore with just one click. There are some root methods that are 1 click, but not restoring.

there are one click methods but it depends on the carrier, and manufacturers. the top lines of phones from samsung are very difficult to root. not really sure why the various chip sets are harder then others.

The one click methods, usually only applied to some older Android versions and devices, that had security vulnerabilities in them. Those could be exploited, rooted and pwned with just an app. Hence "one click". And a Snapdragon S9 with latest Android versions, is a pretty securely locked down device.

Back
Top Bottom