• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To Send Yahoo! Mail Through Android E-Mail Application With Custom Domain Address?

Dankees

Android Enthusiast
Apr 10, 2011
So, I have to decided to abandon the Yahoo! Mail application and use the stock e-mail application.

Online, when I e-mail via Yahoo! Mail, I automatically send e-mails from another account.

How can I do this with the stock e-mail application?

I did that, but while reading mail in the Yahoo! account, it composes from Yahoo!
Then you mean you not only want to use a certain account to send mail by default, you also want all sent email to be addressed as from the default account.
AFAIK this is not possible.

And the combined mailbox duplicates messages because I have one forwarding to the other.
I don't know a fix for this either. Sorry.

Upvote 0
Yes, I want to only get mail in my Yahoo! account, but I want to be able to send e-mails from my custom e-mail account, via Yahoo!

Now, MailDroid Pro lets me do this, however, both mailboxes get the incoming e-mails, and I cannot just hide my custom e-mail account, and not get vibrations from it, etc.

Does any application do what I want?

Upvote 0
I thought about suggesting Maildroid as possibly the only app that might do what you want, but I never used it much so didn't really know and it's kinda pricey. But it can do more than any other Android email client I'm aware of.

I know Enhanced Email, K9 and the stock client won't. Don't know what else to suggest. At least you found a partial solution with Maildroid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones