• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to stop screen lighting up when receiving SMS?

JimKnuckles

Android Enthusiast
I'm sure I'm missing this...but I cannot find where to make my screen stop lighting up whenever I receive a SMS message. How do I stop this?

Another question...I have my screen set to a patter lock. But only after 10 minutes of inactivity. However, I still have to swipe to unlock my screen. I do not want to have to do this. I cannot find how to disable that.

Thanks

Settings/Device/Display/Screen timeout

You can set that for up to 10 minutes, so the screen will stay on until the lock screen comes on. It'll really kill your battery, though - the screen is one of the largest battery consumers, so it's best to have it time out fast once you stop using it.

Settings/Device/Display/Screen timeout

You can set that for up to 10 minutes, so the screen will stay on until the lock screen comes on. It'll really kill your battery, though - the screen is one of the largest battery consumers, so it's best to have it time out fast once you stop using it.

you misunderstood what i meant. I have the phone set to ask for the pattern to get into the phone after 10 minutes, not the screen timeout. so that way if i'm using the phone regulary, i dont have to keep doing the pattern to unlock it everytime.

but when i turn the phone back on, it makes me swipe to unlock. on my s4, it would just take me straight to my homescreen.

When you turn the phone off or the screen times out, if the lock screen hasn't kicked in yet, when you turn the screen on you have to swipe. I don't think there's a way to turn that off (unless you have the charger plugged in and Stay awake set in Developer options).

The only way to not have to swipe the screen before the lock screen activates is to have the screen not time out.

What you want is an option I wouldn't mind having.

Back
Top Bottom