• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to transfer apps from tablet memory to micro sd

hotshot95

Lurker
Feb 24, 2014
So I made some research that in the settings menu and at a certain app there should be a Move to SdCard option near the Clear Data button, but at my Tablet 3 7.0 it's not there, I have only 5 gb for apps and that's not too much, I bought a 16 gb memory card and I don't want to think that I bought it and can't use it. Can you guys tell me how can I do to install apps on the sd card or transfer the apps there. Thank you!

Settings/Application manager select the app. If the Move to SD card button is grayed out, or missing, that app can't run from the SD card.

Even those apps that can run from the SD card need a link to their location on the SD card left in internal memory, so you can't get rid of all of an app by moving it.

External SD was designed (in Android) to save pictures, videos, music, documents, etc. It was never designed to hold apps, so the app has to be specifically written to be able to run from the SD card. And since so many "app developers" use app writing apps, or "write" apps in xml, most apps just aren't written that way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones