• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to unlock a bootloader?

bfldworker

Android Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2012
Tennessee
www.facebook.com
While I am porting CM13 to the ZMAX I want to figure out how to unlock the bootloader. Now as I understand forsomeone was working on one until someone pissed him off and left us high and dry and having to rely on Switcher/restore.

Unlike Motorola, LG, Samsung to name a few, ZTE seems unwilling to lend a hand in unlocking the bootloader for the ZMAX.

While I am thankful for the work MC has put into making the switchers, it is a pain in the ass to do if you want to change Bootup Animations or anything else to the system partition.

So the question is how does one figure out how to unlock a bootloader?

Reactions: marvin655
Its funny you ask because the only person who owns(or owned) a zmax and has the know how to accomplish this isn't the slightest bit interested in doing it or helping anyone else do it.

Just a suggestion, don't waste your time trying to unlock your bootloader. What you are trying to do has already bricked my old zmax along with the one @Ethanbanker2428 used to own. You only get one shot and anything less than pure perfection will result in a permanent brick.

Reactions: 9h0s7
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones