• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to Upgrade to Pie but Keep Oreo Bootloader for Downgradability?

afroag

Hi

I am skeptical on Pie but really wanna try it becaues of the dark theme. However I'd like to be able to roll back to Oreo if Pie annoys me. Anyone know how I can install Pie but keep my Oreo bootloader so I can downgrade if I want to?

Also how would you prevent your bootloader from changing from future updates on Pie?

well you can't do what you are asking. however there is a possibilty to upgrade and then downgrade via odin. i really like pie on my note 8. but to each there own. there are a few members here who hate it.

however, if you want to keep oreo bootloader and want to try pie. you can root your phone, insatll twrp recovery and flash a pie rom.

well you can't do what you are asking. however there is a possibilty to upgrade and then downgrade via odin. i really like pie on my note 8. but to each there own. there are a few members here who hate it.

however, if you want to keep oreo bootloader and want to try pie. you can root your phone, insatll twrp recovery and flash a pie rom.
So the only way for me to do this is to root my phone?

Well you can either use Odin to downgrade back to oreo or you can root your phone and try any custom roms that are based off of the pie update.

Back
Top Bottom