• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to use Android Studio to do factory reset

PM73

Lurker
Hi all,

I've set up my tablet with a guest account as I had to lend it to a client for navigation. As I didn't want him perusing my personal stuff on it, I set a password as well.
However, I set that late at night, not paying attention and thus set a password I now can't replicate :-(

As nothing saved on the device is critical I don't mind doing a full factory reset and normally this shouldn't be too much of a problem.
But... the tablet somehow doesn't respond to the buttons to get into boot mode, so can get it done like that.

Now I found a tutorial that mentioned AS and then resetting it. But for the life of me, I can't figure out what, how and when to do it...
I installed AS, loaded some extra things and then have to run a command prompt, but then I run afoul... I can't find the adb files etc, so am still stuck with a non function tablet (which I still love very much...)

Anyone can help me out?

I'm working on Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit.

Cheers Paul

In order to bypass FRP you will need an email and the password originally used.

You mentioned guest mode. Was this on initial setup?

HI, not sure exactly if on initial set up.
I previously didn't use any password or anything until I had to lend it out.
I went into settings and then set up another user account (with the most limited allowed settings) and then logged out of my own account and into the guest account.

Now somehow I don't even see the guest account any more :-~

HI, not sure exactly if on initial set up.
I previously didn't use any password or anything until I had to lend it out.
I went into settings and then set up another user account (with the most limited allowed settings) and then logged out of my own account and into the guest account.

Now somehow I don't even see the guest account any more :-~
ok well if you remember what email you used, you can do a forget password and you should be all set after that.

other wise i would read this if you have the time ......read this (especially the best answer in green quote):
https://androidforums.com/threads/frp-factory-reset-protection.1082526/

and also you can do a search on how to bypass frp, but AF frowns upon such discussions here.

Trick is, it is a password protection on the device level, so not on Google level...
So it shows nothing more than a fill in space for the lock screen.

I also tried wiping the device remotely through my Google account only, but although it is connected to wifi, it says it can't find the unit.

Back
Top Bottom