• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to use ok google when phone is locked?

I want to be able to use ok google even when the phone is locked and sitting on the table. I can use it from lock screen if i press the power button to light up the screen. But if the screen is black and the phone is locked then I can't use it. How do I make it possible to use ok google without touching my locked phone?

I use mine all the time when it's locked, and it works just fine (when it feels like :D ). Google app/more (3 dots, lower right)/voice/voice match/lock screen personal results - make sure it's turned on.

It's turned on and I can use it from a locked phone but if the phone is just laying on the table and I don't want to go get it, I can't use ok google when it's locked and screen is black. I have yo press power button once to light up the screen and only then I can use it. Works from lock screen but doesn't when screen is off. This phone is 2 days old so it shouldn't have any glitches, I am on latest version.

It's turned on and I can use it from a locked phone but if the phone is just laying on the table and I don't want to go get it, I can't use ok google when it's locked and screen is black. I have to press power button once to light up the screen and only then I can use it. Works from lock screen but doesn't when screen is off. This phone is 2 days old so it shouldn't have any glitches, I am on latest version.

What does it do when you try? Nothing? No beep? If you try and then pick it up and look does it show your normal home screen or can you see that it even tried to work? Maybe try re-training your voice, not sure why it wouldn't be working, that's sort of the whole point of it.

it might be your phone......it works on my note 8 with no issues. as long as my phone can hear and recognize my voice it will wake up from the lockscreen with no issues.

Screenshot_20190817-104710.png The wording on mine is a bit different, not sure if it matters or not? If I turn that off they both get grayed out.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For shits n giggles, try installing Dragon naturally speaking from the play store.
It works like Google assistant and has an always on setting.
Update: sorry it looks like they pulled it from the play store.....

Back
Top Bottom