• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to view running apps on Android 12?

zBernie

I do not see a way to view only "running" apps using Android 12. I know I was able to do this with former versions of Android. Am I missing something?

what device do you have? every device might be slightly different. on my z fold 4 there are 3 lines at the bottom of my homescreen. if i select that i can close any apps that is currently running. there is an option to also close any apps that are running in the background. at the top of the screen when you select the three lines, it will show you if and how many apps are running in the background.

edit: but your phone might be different. it is not the same regardless of what android version you and i have. manufacturer's like to move things around to make their phones look different than others.

Last edited:
If you look in your phone's Settings >> Battery menu, that should show you a listing of running apps but that's more or less just cursory info. Not knowing what phone you have, there's no way to be more definitive. But if it's not very obvious it's likely to be buried in a sub-menu option.

If you want a more detailed viewing, you should use the 'Running services' option instead. Running services shows not just apps you're using but system apps and services that are running in the background. (...in the Running services window, switch to the Cached processes). You do need to enable Developer options in your Settings menu first, so you can then access Running services.

Back
Top Bottom