• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire 510 help please.

tablet2011

I have got a HTC Desire 510 today and been setting it up and have come across a problem where in my contacts its seems to be Syncing with facebook as now i have loads of email addresses in my phone contact list.

I want it to Sync my gmail emails and stuff like that but how do i stop it from Syncing for my phone contact list?

also is this phone getting Android 5.0 in the UK?

go to Settings-->scroll down to either 'accounts' (Android 4.1 and earlier) or to the 'Facebook' and 'Google' icons (Android 4.4.2+) and tap the 'Facebook' icon and then it should have your account name on the right. tap that, and uncheck any sync options you don't want. do the same for 'Google'.

Alternatively, in the Facebook app, there's a settings menu hidden somewhere (they change it a lot) that also lets you disable contact sync or turn off notifications if they get too annoying. i am not sure if this will delete the tons of entries in your contacts, i myself had to delete them one at a time (i hope you don't have thousands of friends!)

I haven't seen any 'HTC Desires' except for early devices a few years old still running Gingerbread or FroYo (Android 2.3 or below--ancient by today's standards) I am not even sure the name is even being made (not familiar with model numbers). unless HTC still makes the Desire line, it's doubtful it will get 5.0. so far the only guarantee is the HTC One M7 and M8.

HTC is still making phones under the Desire banner. Cricket has one, and I believe Metro PCS as well.

The OP is in the UK, where HTC have recently released several handsets under the Desire moniker. All utilise current hardware so an update to 5.x seems quite likely.

also is this phone getting Android 5.0 in the UK?
It was released 3-4 months ago with KitKat so there's a good chance it will get Lollipop. One factor against the upgrade is that it's a budget device, those in general get fewer updates then higher end devices, but I would expect Lollipop on that new of a phone.

Back
Top Bottom