• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire on O2 UK

Is this drip-feed?

So you need to be an existing customer with a contract coming to the end?

How exactly would somebody else go about getting the same?

Or is it plain just made up? Heard elsewhere that existing customers with T-mobile were being told to call back when stock actually in and couldn't get anything yet; and O2 didn't have a date for the Desire yet (but thought end of month).

Upvote 0
Is this drip-feed?

So you need to be an existing customer with a contract coming to the end?

How exactly would somebody else go about getting the same?

Or is it plain just made up? Heard elsewhere that existing customers with T-mobile were being told to call back when stock actually in and couldn't get anything yet; and O2 didn't have a date for the Desire yet (but thought end of month).

Sorry, I thought T-Mobile were they only network taking pre-orders.

Yes, I find it hard to believe as well!

My G1 contract is up for renewal at the end of the month, but I pushed and managed to get them to upgrade 7 days early (I rang up yesterday and he had to ring me back today to put it through).

I'd heard the same about not being able to pre-order an upgrade and was told this by the first guy I spoke to.

Upvote 0
Rang O2 today to cancel my iPhone contract and was told the Desire will be available on the 29th April. Don't really want to wait until then but she said they should be able to offer me a good deal. They have no info on pricing or tarrifs and the moment.

I was told the delay was due to O2 having to quality test the handset before making it available to customers.

If they can't offer me a tarrif for

Upvote 0
No chance - have o2 ever offered such a good price with decent mins, text and data with a super phone?! Demand has out stripped supply already in the UK so O2 will be able to charge the same as the iphone and people will pay.

You're probably right, I've pretty much decided to wait for the Nexus One on Vodafone now anyway, I've read it should be available this month but not getting my hopes up.

Upvote 0
:eek: I couldn't get anything out of o2 retentions :( I've done the simplicity route. One thing that's annoyed me a little is that mms aren't taken out of the text allowance.

FYI guys, a friend ordered a desire at MPD, and the phone isn't arriving till the 10th because of the ash cloud (I thought the ash cloud problem has been and gone!)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones