• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire Z bootloop @ HTC GREEN LOGO

shasul

Lurker
Mar 20, 2011
Got this desire z

S is on and it wont get out of boot loop i can access the fastboot menu by holding down the volume and power button

i have also tried to install a Oem htc rom with their RUU everything went smoothly but still the phone doesnt get out of bootloop

Hi shasul,

Was the phone ever rooted, and did you change anything before this problem started?

If the RUU ran completely then the phone should have had a factory reset (which solves most boot problems) and a new ROM flashed (which solves many others), so apart from finding whether there is a better RUU for your device and trying that - for which someone who knows the Z could give better advice than me - it's not obvious what else to suggest. Can you at least confirm that the hboot and radio are what you expect for the RUU that you ran (gives us some indication of success)?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones