• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC EVO slacker Radio issues

pcsperson

Anyone have problems with it streaming, while keeping it in the same orientation. The reason I bring that up it was an issue in the the incredible forums I believe is where I read it.

The problem: It would seem while playing the song, it would catch up to the buffer even thou I have 5 bars or Wifi. Then is just hangs, the buttons on the EVO become non responsive. If I hit home enough times I can get a the wait message to come up or force close. Anyone else have this problem? I only noticed it after the last update, and I had install Android task killer after it.

Mine did the same thing, the lock screen and all my widgets dissappeared while the music from the app was playing in the background. I had to repeatedly hit the power button to get my EVO to power down. Major flaw.

I noticed this happening a lot more after the latest update. Mine hangs more in wifi. As soon as the screen times out is when the trouble starts. Its really annoying.

There support website/chat tries to say it is an isolated issue, if we can get some more people to post here, we can at least have something quantitative to show them.

Umm I am not following y'all on what the problem is.... When does it hang up?

While streaming. So it typically will stream a song or two, but then it looks like the player catches up to the buffer. When I Was talking to the chat support person it did, at 23 and 57 sec of a 2 mins song, and 4 mins songs respectively. Then after you get an error code, from what I have read is generated by android, I normally get Error Code -1, and 11. Then slacke asked you to push play to resume. Another way the problem happens is it can play a dong randomly stop then just go to the next Artist. Again after 0-50 secs, the time seems random. Then the played will hang, or freeze you phone, if you are luck you can just hit the home button a few times, and force close it otherwise you are suck with a black slacker radio screen.

So that is what people are seeing.

Edit: Also the reception does not matter nor does it matter if you are in WifI, also I have had the problem with it in both orientation side and vertical.

Ahh gotcha so basically the problem is that Slacker hangs up occasionally and then freezes and then crashes regardless of streaming via 3G, 4G, or WiFi? Much easier to just say it that way. I have not had this problem at all.

Back
Top Bottom