• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Incredible new Verizon Update, Is it worth it?

you would have to unroot to get it OTA....you have to decide if it's worth unrooting for then rerooting

personally, I didn't see anything that makes me want to do that

just wait around, all the good stuff will get built into the custom ROMs

I'm so impatient when it comes to these "surprise" updates that I'd rather they didn't pre-announce them a week ahead of time...it'll probably be close to Thanksgiving before I get it--right before I'm ready to hit the road on a trip!

in the first link the PDF you see is the froyo update, the new update that might happen is not up there

The engaget article had the press release information from verizon and they just said to go to that first link for more information which is why i posted it.

they have now updated the PDF file but like already mentioned the update is kinda small, seems like more spam in the way of vcast stuff

A little disappointed that this update won't give us the new HTC Sense. I really would like to get my Incredible connected to htcsense.com for the remote locate/erase.

A little disappointed that this update won't give us the new HTC Sense. I really would like to get my Incredible connected to htcsense.com for the remote locate/erase.

I agree with that too. Unfortunately this update does nothing but seem to add unnecessary apps to our phones.

Does the new update include the new htc stock kernel??
It was in the version leaked on 10/13 so I will assume it is in the official release

I built a ROM based on the leak and the battery life seems a lot better and faster charging. Plus I have not had the 3G problem since running it.

It was in the version leaked on 10/13 so I will assume it is in the official release

I built a ROM based on the leak and the battery life seems a lot better and faster charging. Plus I have not had the 3G problem since running it.
looking forward to those!

wish it wouldnt take them so damn long to release updates when phones become outdated faster and faster as time goes on. That's mostly Verizon's fault tho. lol

So annoying that we can't get the rest of the bluetooth stack. There are a significant number of cars that simply won't work with the Inc's BT. Pathetic.

Yeah the new kernel is amazing, My friend has a G2 and I was checking out all the software info and it also has the new htc kernel, Its fast, battery life is good and charging is like a normal phone. I'm really happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom