• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

htc inspire 4g upgrade to jelly bean

is't posible to upgrade htc inspire 4g to jelly bean, if so are there any links that show how to do it?:confused:

Sure it's possible. Root your phone and install a custom ROM. All the information you need is already available in this forum and on xda.

Please don't do it if you have no idea what flashing ROMs are. It will void your warranty and probably destroy your phone. It takes way more to flash a custom rom then just having root access.
You need to unlock your bootloader, install a custom recovery etc. ;) I will help you if you need more info.

Hey I.C. I want to know if you could help me with the same situation. My problem is I want to use TWRP and I have GooManager installed, phone was rooted with Ace Hack Kit. Goo Manager doesn't find an applicable recovery for my phone (Inspire 4G) and from what I have read, the Desire HD recovery will work for it. My volume buttons want to work sometimes and that is why I want to use the touch recovery method.

What would I want to do here? Download the TWRP recovery for the Desire and keep it in zip form and put it on the SD? I am a little nervous cause I soft bricked another phone this month and couldn't figure it out for the life of me. I like this HTC but I am seeking a ROM that may be a little lighter for battery conservation.

Thanks a lot and sorry if I should have started a new thread.

Back
Top Bottom