• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC-Inspire Nova Remove Help

So, I just got an Inspire from eBay to replace my old phone. Just came away from the at&t store with a phone with some thing called Nova as an OS or something to that effect, and it is something I am not used to. There is a terminal emulator, but I am not tech savvy, and have no use for it, or the other things on there.
I want to be sure that the original Android OS is still there before I do anything relating to removing it. Help would be amazing, thanks :)
-Spritefyre

Nova is the launcher - the desktop. You can replace it with whatever launcher you prefer. I don't know if HTC's default launcher is available for download, but if you go to the Play store and search for launcher, you'll get dozens of them. (I actually prefer Nova, and put it on every phone and ROM almost as the first thing.)

You can install a different launcher, try it out and, when you find the one you prefer, uninstall Nova.

(The terminal emulator is an app - you're probably seeing that in the app drawer. You can uninstall it if you're not going to use it - use Application Manager [press the Menu from Nova and go to Manage apps].)

Back
Top Bottom