• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Magic - Sync/Contact questions

I'm moving from my HTC Dream to my new HTC Magic phone and have a couple questions about my Contacts and syncing with my Google contacts.

On my Dream, I could tell the phone to only sync with specific groups. Now, on the Magic, it syncs EVERY contact. Definately NOT what I want. I have several groups set up on my Google mail account, with one specifically for cellphone contacts. I only want to sync to that group.

One of the HTC Widgets that I use is the "People" widget. How do you edit what this shows? I only see 7 contacts on this widget. They aren't marked as favorites. I've never used some of the contacts. I don't see any way to take them from this list unless I delete them from my contacts completely.

Finally, when I add an event to the calendar on my Magic, how do I tell it which group it should belong to on my Google calendar?

Both phones are running version 1.5, but the Magic has SenseUI 2.1 installed.

Phone details
Model: HTC Magic
Firmware: 1.5
Baseband: 63.18.55.06KU_6.35.10.18
Kernel: 2.6.27-5b476e83 / htc-kernel@and18-2 #989
Build: 3.05.631.7 CL#118917 release-keys

I have a similar problem, I just did the dream to magic upgrade. With the dream you could filter the contacts that have phone numbers with the contacts widget/app. But the peoples one on the magic is just every person you pretty much emailed it seems.

Does anyone know of an app that can just filter my contacts with phone numbers?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones