• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC one m8 battery problem!!

You must be using it that much. Plus 16 hours is a full days usage :thumb:

If you was hoping for a full 16 hours of usage or SOT then you're gonna have to find something like the Droid Max or a phone with removable battery and a huge replacement in place. Plus spending a 3rd of your day on your phone would probably be classed as heavy usage ;)

Upvote 0
You must be using it that much. Plus 16 hours is a full days usage :thumb:

If you was hoping for a full 16 hours of usage or SOT then you're gonna have to find something like the Droid Max or a phone with removable battery and a huge replacement in place. Plus spending a 3rd of your day on your phone would probably be classed as heavy usage ;)

Upvote 0
I've considered what you said, I'd like to mention that I didn't game or use any other heavy app. From all the reviews I've been seeing most people get about 7 hours of screen time.

There's such a thing as an unrealistic hope.

My experience with the one I'm testing right now (with No SIM and basically no accounts synching with 75% of the apps on the phone disabled): Good luck getting that on this phone with real world use.

Those battery tests have always been very... optimistic, to say the least.

Use Power Saving Mode to get a bit more Battery Life out of the device.

Upvote 0
I've considered what you said, I'd like to mention that I didn't game or use any other heavy app. From all the reviews I've been seeing most people get about 7 hours of screen time.

It depends on what you are doing. If you spending 5+ hours on the internet chances are you are gonna chew through your battery. If you spend it just reading a book then chances are you're gonna get more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones