• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC One M8 root problem

Luis Ju

Lurker
Jan 1, 2017
I recently buyed an m8. I wanted to root it, so i looked up some stuff. As is was told that i have to unlock the bootloader, I did so. I downloaded the twrp.img and a SuperSu.zip. I also tried to install twrp from my pc. I than began to boot into "fastboot" mode where I selected "recovery".
This is where my problem begins.
The twrp isn't showing up and wont let me flash anything, instead the white screen with the logo is constantly showing up until i restart my device. Device is S-On.

Sounds like TWRP didn't install correctly. Did you get any messages when you tried to flash it? Presumably you did use the "fastboot flash" command to install it? Also you are certain it was the right TWRP (built for your device model) and a good download (you checked the md5 sum before flashing)? If the answer to the last 2 is "yes" then it might be worth trying to flash it again, or download a new TWRP image.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones