• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC One M8 turned off, won't come on, charge loop

nataweez

Lurker
So, this all happened super suddenly, (it was about 70% I believe when it turned off) and I was immediately buried in google looking for answers. I found one person
who I could see for sure had the exact issue I'm having. Not a solution in any of those comments or any others I found throughout the net worked for me :( I've tried everything, so many different times.

I had been acting super impatiently, though, and finally 'gave up' and decided to leave my phone to charge for a while. After about 20ish minutes, it finally seemed to 'catch' the battery and looked to be charging (green battery indicator level looping as usual).

So I thought, hey, undeniable progress, and decided that must have fixed my issue and tried turning it on (while still supposedly charging), only for it not to come on and be back at square 1 (still not turning on and 'charge looping' as I'm putting it).

I'm happy that progress was made, but now, all I can think to do is let it charge to 100% and try it then. I'm afraid that when I end up turning it on while still on the charger, it will start all over. So I'll have to wait again, then UNPLUG it that time and try turning it on. If those things fail, I'm still stuck as a duck.

I hope my situation makes sense through text; I'm desperate and rambling. Has this happened to anyone else?
Thank you so so so much in advance.
-Natalie

So, this all happened super suddenly, (it was about 70% I believe when it turned off) and I was immediately buried in google looking for answers. I found one person
who I could see for sure had the exact issue I'm having. Not a solution in any of those comments or any others I found throughout the net worked for me :( I've tried everything, so many different times.

I had been acting super impatiently, though, and finally 'gave up' and decided to leave my phone to charge for a while. After about 20ish minutes, it finally seemed to 'catch' the battery and looked to be charging (green battery indicator level looping as usual).

So I thought, hey, undeniable progress, and decided that must have fixed my issue and tried turning it on (while still supposedly charging), only for it not to come on and be back at square 1 (still not turning on and 'charge looping' as I'm putting it).

I'm happy that progress was made, but now, all I can think to do is let it charge to 100% and try it then. I'm afraid that when I end up turning it on while still on the charger, it will start all over. So I'll have to wait again, then UNPLUG it that time and try turning it on. If those things fail, I'm still stuck as a duck.

I hope my situation makes sense through text; I'm desperate and rambling. Has this happened to anyone else?
Thank you so so so much in advance.
-Natalie

Hello,
I would let it charge %100 and I would try to turn it on. If that doesn't work: go in recovery and wipe cache, dalvik cache and battery stats and then try again. I don't want to suggest anything else at that point before you tried those steps. Let us know what happened!

Best Regards

Back
Top Bottom