• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC One M8 won't turn on command / camera doesn't work

josetuano

Lurker
Hey guys,

Hope someone can help me out with this. Today I was just walking around listening to music when my phone suddenly shut off. I tried to reboot it normally (holding lock screen button), but to no success. So I tried to use the other options for starting it up, a.k.a. holding lock and volume up button for 10+ seconds, and the same with the volume down and lock button. BUT still nothing.

Suddenly it turned on by itself when I left it alone, so I hoped it was a one time issue. But then the camera stopped working for some reason when I tried to use it. It prompted me to restart my phone, which I did. But then the problem above repeated itself.

Basically, after trying to fix my camera problem by restarting the phone, it would be unresponsive for a good 15 minutes and then turn itself on again without me touching it.

Does anyone have an idea of what to do? The only thing left that I can think of is doing a factory reset on the phone, but I'd rather use that as a last option.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom