• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One M9 sense home screen stopped unexpectedly even after restart phone won't load anything

So I put my phone one charge last night. Woke up overnight and unplugged it because it was charged. This morning my phone was over heating (really hot and not even on charge) and the home screen said "HTC sense home stopped unexpectedly... Blah blah blah error report would you like to send" in which case I say yes or no and either choice does nothing and he error reloads again. I can still receive calls (by receive I mean it rings and the error button is in the way haha... But hey it rings haha). I literally can't get to the menu or apps or anything because of this stupid message! The settings I can get to just... Cause of the drop down screen so I've tried stopping the sense app... But it doesn't work. I've tried resetting... I just don't know. I've looked on google and to no avail no direct answers!!!

Please help me!

TIA -Amy. :-)

Hi, when you say you have 'tried resetting', what did you actually do to reset the device and what was the result?.

Have you tried pressing and holding the power and volume up buttons together for at least 10 seconds? - this should force a reboot (more or less the equivalent to a battery pull on a device with a removable battery).

Assuming you can reboot I would suggest the first thing to do would be to carry out a 'wipe cache partition' as detailed here :-
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-31522

(It is not essential to reboot - as long as the phone is powered off you should be able to carry out the 'wipe cache partition' procedure.)

This has cleared a number of glitches on my M9 over the last 15 months or so, and does not affect your data or settings in any way :).

UPDATE

I have just gone through the procedure as I noticed a recent amendment to it made by the author (4th August) and there is a discrepancy when applied to my M9 :-

Step 11 is 5 presses of the volume down button

As long as the correct option is highlighted at each step there is no problem :).

I can only assume that it depends on the software version - I'm currently running Android 6.0/Sense 7.0 and it's a long time since I last did a 'wipe cache partition', and at that time the procedure as given was correct for my M9 :confused:.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom