• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One S wont turn on :(

Hey everyone,

Sorry about my first post being a request for help, I've been using these forums for a long time reading posts for helpful information but alas the answer to my question is not available.

So here goes, I smashed my screen on my phone a few weeks ago, got it fixed with new parts thanks to etrade supply. Since replacing the screen, lcd and digi thing the loud speaker did not work.

So upon research I discovered so tips to get the loud speaker working. Unfortunately this kinda killed the phone :(. The tip was to press down on the bottom cover apparently that can get it working.

Now I say kill my phone, the phoned turned off never to come back on. I followed the usual procedure of holding the power button and volume keys etc etc, and even went as far as removing the battery.

I left the phone on charge for say two mins went to toilet only to come back to find my phone overheating, it was so hot it was hard to touch. i unplugged my phone let it cool down and plugged it back in.

Since the overheating it has not turned on nor charge no led lights nothing.

I imagine pressing down the back cover some how caused a short resulting in the phone turning off and battery to over heat. So I'm wondering do i order a new battery?

Apologies for the long post, i feel its best to give you as much info as possible

mouldy

Back
Top Bottom