• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC One V to be cheaper then HTC Evo V?

I don't understand why they would do that. If your battery dies, you have to mail your phone in and have them install a new battery. Meanwhile you're without a phone. :afraid:

Mainly to be able keep the phone thinner and also less expensive to manufacture.

Didn't want to start new thread, but found this on VM facebook page. Wonder if Triumph will be discontinued with this or if Triumph price will drop.
Ricky Perkins

is rumor true htc one v is coming to VM? if so when?

That's an odd way to get people excited over a phone... no official press release until launch day.

425742b6-a68d-9518.jpg

And yet, I don't feel as if many people are very excited, but for $200 perhaps.

Probably just because the Evo has already hit store shelves. If this was out first people would probably be going nuts but since its a little less on specs and the better phone is already out its NBD.

They should have released this one first.

Probably just because the Evo has already hit store shelves. If this was out first people would probably be going nuts but since its a little less on specs and the better phone is already out its NBD.

Agree, poor marketing decision. Especially since both devices are hTc, it seems they could have coordinated it better.

Not to mention they would have made a lot more money. They could of seriously gotten a lot of hype for the One V, then a month later, or not even, release the Evo V 4g, and get even more hype, selling a lot of both devices.

I wonder if announcing the Evo V before the One V was intentional. I suspect that VM wanted to get as many people possible onto 4G, to help reduce traffic on 3G. If they had announced and released the One V first, many would have upgraded from the Triumph and then decided, after they had a phone they liked, not felt buying another new phone was worth it just to get 4G.

This method, they got as many as possible to move to 4G.

I wonder if announcing the Evo V before the One V was intentional. I suspect that VM wanted to get as many people possible onto 4G, to help reduce traffic on 3G. If they had announced and released the One V first, many would have upgraded from the Triumph and then decided, after they had a phone they liked, not felt buying another new phone was worth it just to get 4G.

This method, they got as many as possible to move to 4G.

Except 4G is unavailable in most places. I think Evo V was available sooner (since re-branded 3D) than the One V.

Except 4G is unavailable in most places.

True, WiMax 4G may not be available in most places, but WiMax 4G is available in 71 metropolitan areas that cover 132 million people, which is 42% of the population of the U.S. There's a really big potential benefit to 3G network performance when people use WiMax 4G instead.

Except 4G is unavailable in most places. I think Evo V was available sooner (since re-branded 3D) than the One V.

As was mentioned, the 4G covers a large percentage of the population despite not being available most places. Then, on top of that, it is these metropolitan areas where 4G is available that are more likely to have severe slowdowns on 3G.

And while the Evo V was available sooner than the One V, VM could have easily held off another month before selling it. In fact, I think it could be easily argued that the roll out would have been much smoother if they would have waited another month -- especially since it took a couple of weeks for the Evo to become available in Best Buy and Radio Shack after it was "released".

I think that this was more of a Sprint decision than Virgins, they had an awful lot of 3D's on the shelf plus they were still committed to HTC to buy more to fulfill their contract obligations. So me thinks that they want to sell as many 3D's as possible, the One V is just a replacement for the Optimus. Definitely screwed Virgin as far as the Triumph goes. How the hell do they price that now and still expect to sell any?

Considering I got the demo phone for the One V and still haven't for the Evo V, I know it's coming.

Waiting game. I still think Apple is up to it's old tricks...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk

True, WiMax 4G may not be available in most places, but WiMax 4G is available in 71 metropolitan areas that cover 132 million people, which is 42% of the population of the U.S. There's a really big potential benefit to 3G network performance when people use WiMax 4G instead.

I guess I'm just pissed that 4G is not avail in San Diego. :p
At least we have the best weather anywhere. ;)

Back
Top Bottom