• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One X problems

Sonic01

Sep 24, 2009
Hi Guys,

I've got a few problems with my HTC One X:

1. I can't find out how to stop the Beats Audio notification showing up when i plug my earphones in. I don't care for this feature, I just want it to stop wasting space on my bar, does anyone know how to stop it from appearing?

2. it seems when i listen to music in PlayerPro the next track always does a fade in which bugs the hell out of me, its not a player pro setting - there isnt an option for it and I'm very familiar with the app. my previous HTC's didn't do this.

3. about 10 to 20% of my battery is being eaten by "mediaserver"? What is this supposed to be? any ideas how I can kill it?

I've just upgraded to an HTC One X and I'm pretty disappointed, I think HTC have ruined the navigation by removing the search and menu buttons from the bottom, and replacing them with that useless recent apps button.

I've had a Hero, Legend, Desire HD and Sensation XE before this phone, so far I feel the XE was the best one I've had. Right now I'd gladly role back to it had I not given it to my GF :(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones