• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC ONEX - Insufficient Space

pacuk01

Hi,

I have had my OneX since July. I have had various problems with no signal on 3 etc, but this seemed to get fixed with an update. I now seemed to be plagued with INSUFFICIENT SPACE. I thought I had seen the last of this since I had got rid of my HTC Desire...but alas no.

My phone is not rooted, it says I have:

Internal Storage: Total Space 2.11GB Available 1.67GB
Phone Storage: Total Space 25.24GB Available 21.66GB

I have freed up space by deleting apps, I have moved apps from internal to phone storage....but I am still getting messages say I have insufficient space when apps are updating and they then fail to update. The latest app I have noticed this on is Songpop. I have now found that if you turn the phone off and back on again the apps do update. I thought this FLAGSHIP was meant the be the top phone.....alas NO. I try my hardest to keep supporting HTC and not move in the apple direction...but they certainly do not help. Even the camera does not give true representation of what is being photographed compared to the Iphone....unless of course there are some setting to improve the colour interpretation.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Welcome to the AndroidForums, pacuk01! :)

As admob mentioned, a reboot will sometimes help. You could also try clearing the cache of your large apps like the browser. A co-worker of mine had this exact problem on his S3 just yesterday and clearing the cache fixed his issue.

Best of luck and thanks for signing-up with us here at AF!

Like others have said, a reboot may help in terms of dropping temporary files that may not have been reported as being using storage (although clearly they were). Also, clearing out app caches can clear up space (a big one is settings>storage>make more space>temporary files from HTC apps) (there are two make more space buttons, temp space from HTC apps will be under one of them)

I have had that problem happen to me before but I couldn't fix it at all so I ended up re-installing the ROM. If I remember correctly, it happened to me after I froze a couple of system applications using Titanium Backup.

"apps for cracking paid apps to get them for free" (<-- mod edit) can cause this bug if cracked app has changed

Sorry for the moderator edit there, amenamen, but we dislike even mentioning that particular app's name here at AF.

Very interesting information, though...let's see what the OP has to say...

I have had that problem happen to me before but I couldn't fix it at all so I ended up re-installing the ROM. If I remember correctly, it happened to me after I froze a couple of system applications using Titanium Backup.

Yeah, I remember trying to update (from Eclipse) some of my own apps that I had previously frozen and got some weird error messages. I'll try to recreate that tomorrow and see what actual message is displayed.

Thanks for bringing-up that possibility! :)

Hi,

I have had my OneX since July. I have had various problems with no signal on 3 etc, but this seemed to get fixed with an update. I now seemed to be plagued with INSUFFICIENT SPACE. I thought I had seen the last of this since I had got rid of my HTC Desire...but alas no.

My phone is not rooted, it says I have:

Internal Storage: Total Space 2.11GB Available 1.67GB
Phone Storage: Total Space 25.24GB Available 21.66GB

I have freed up space by deleting apps, I have moved apps from internal to phone storage....but I am still getting messages say I have insufficient space when apps are updating and they then fail to update. The latest app I have noticed this on is Songpop. I have now found that if you turn the phone off and back on again the apps do update. I thought this FLAGSHIP was meant the be the top phone.....alas NO. I try my hardest to keep supporting HTC and not move in the apple direction...but they certainly do not help. Even the camera does not give true representation of what is being photographed compared to the Iphone....unless of course there are some setting to improve the colour interpretation.

Any help would be much appreciated.
I had a similar problem with my One X+. It turned out that when I had moved from my HTC DesireiI had used a back up app which seemed to restore the data on the wrong place on my new phone. Tried all sorts of fixes including wiping partition cache, nothing worked. I was only using 1gb of my possible 64gb but it kept saying insufficient storage space. The only fix I could find was a hard reset then manually putting everything back without using the back up app. It was a real pain but worked. I have now gone back to using the back up app with my new phone and there are no problems. I guess the app was developed before the phone and somehow sent the data to somewhere it should not have done.

Back
Top Bottom