• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help htc rezound

Hello and welcome bayoz7:)
Have you tried to contact Verizon to see if they will give you the unlock code?
Are you still under contract with Verizon with that device?

Well, with my limited knowledge about CDMA and GSM, I would assume a device in Africa would need a GSM radio. If the rezound is only CDMA, then there is no way for that device to work there.

The HTC Rezound is a global mode phone, capable of CDMA and GSM and it is not carrier locked... No Verizon phone is, it was part of their deal with FCC that they cannot carrier lock any phone they sell.

If you have current firmware in the phone, 4.5.605.14, all you need to do is insert your SIM and go into settings and change Mobile Data to Global or GSM/WCDMA (or if something is more appropriate) and add your APN information. On the stock firmware the phone may complain it is not the right, but it will work OK.

Note that the GSM radios in this device are less than perfect, significantly, in fact in many cases people can barely get basic 3G service to work, usually only 2G Edge, although the phone does support HSPA+ in the chipset it seems to be tweaking issue with the radio tuning.

For more information on this, I would suggest going to the XDA HTC Rezound forums, the device is still actively developed and there are many users who operate the device on GSM networks.

Back
Top Bottom