• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Sensation - now with 16GB internal memory?

Shame signal/internet and wifi (well at least for the majority of the UK) won't keep up with the speed needed to download these apps... :/

I get when connected @ 3G i get around 670 KBytes/sec.
Over Wifi its more then that. Close to 800/900 KBytes/sec. (home wifi)

I think it's fast enough to download a game that need: (for example) 300MB

Don't know what your speeds are?

Edit: I live in Holland

Upvote 0
I get when connected @ 3G i get around 670 KBytes/sec.
Over Wifi its more then that. Close to 800/900 KBytes/sec. (home wifi)

I think it's fast enough to download a game that need: (for example) 300MB

Don't know what your speeds are?

Edit: I live in Holland

At home, through cables I get, 250kps on a good day. On wifi, it's pobably a little less. ON 3G...let's just not even go there.

I live in England, 45 minutes from London, our capital! :/

Upvote 0
At home, through cables I get, 250kps on a good day. On wifi, it's pobably a little less. ON 3G...let's just not even go there.

I live in England, 45 minutes from London, our capital! :/

I don't have a sensation but I cant imagine its any different to my Desire in this respect (death grip aside ;o) but those wifi speeds you are quoting are terrible! 250kbs! where do you live? 1995?

the 3G is not too surprising but even though I am on Orange I still expect 500kbs on a good 3G connection up to about 1.2MB/s. and I consider that quite poor really.

but on Wifi I get 6MB on my 10MB virgin media connection (shropshire) and a bit less on my 8MB ADSL (Swansea) both over WIFI G routers.

Upvote 0
I don't have a sensation but I cant imagine its any different to my Desire in this respect (death grip aside ;o) but those wifi speeds you are quoting are terrible! 250kbs! where do you live? 1995?

the 3G is not too surprising but even though I am on Orange I still expect 500kbs on a good 3G connection up to about 1.2MB/s. and I consider that quite poor really.

but on Wifi I get 6MB on my 10MB virgin media connection (shropshire) and a bit less on my 8MB ADSL (Swansea) both over WIFI G routers.

My bad. Stupid wikipedia page, that, in all honesty I didn't read properly. I am on 904kpbs, so 9.04mbps. Although went downloading my speed is about 270kps to 290kps. Very rarely does it go over that.

Upvote 0
Just read the following over at XDA Developers forum. Looks like HTC Sensation will come with 16GB internal memory onboard! Fantastic news if true! :)

HTC Sensation with 16GB internal Memory! - xda-developers

Good to hear the phone will consider putting 16GB internal ram. The phone is close to perfect but tarnished by the no memory is the most stupid thing the company ever conaider.

I mean built-in memory not external mSD. External card never faster than NandFlash. THAT is why Samsung Galaxy S2 is the best performing phone.

Upvote 0
My suspicion is that they might be packing a 16gb card, rather than internal. BUT....If that is true, I will be so pumped. Memory was a big sticking point in my indecision between the sensation and that galaxy s2. If they do beef up the internal, I will definitely be swayed towards the sensation. Lets hope.

And htc....release this damn thing soon please

Edit: Upon further inspection here HTC Sensation, Reviews, Specificaties, Aanbiedingen

...I see that the where the 16gb is listed is clearly within a little SD card icon. I am the sadness. Wish it was internal.

If it is true an external memory of 16gb than I would rather get Samsung Galaxy S2. Reasin being, what good a child was born physically fit, handsome, look like a smart kid on the block but a memory challenging kid? What a pitty you would ask right?

Upvote 0
Link to the Sensation with 16GB:
HTC Sensation, Reviews, Specificaties, Aanbiedingen

I just contacted the customer service from HI.nl (provider in Holland)

And asked if it was true. They confirmed it. 16GB INTERNAL memory.
NO MicroSD card 16GB. but the real 16GB intern, and the option to @ more memory with an external MicroSD card with max 32GB. Thats what they told me.
(he needed to ask it to someone else before he could answer my question)

So hope it will be out for all providers soon!
It's good news to see a device with more internal memory from HTC!(finally..)

Htc official website stated Sensation stated the internal memory of 1Gb HTC - Products - HTC Sensation - Specification

Upvote 0
it has 4 gigs, but it's mostly filled with the os and sense and whatnot so only about 1 gig is free

That was my understanding as well. And while I would like more. It still means in real terms it has about 8 times as much as my current Desire which I think has 512mb total. So only about 125mb is free for apps.

In fact I have heard that the Galaxy S2 only has 1.9GB available for apps (not sure) and if true then actually difference between the two in real terms is 2:1 not 16:1 as gets widely reported.

Upvote 0
I've had my Sensation for about a week now and can confirm that it does come with 4GB internal but as has been stated about 3GB of that is taken up by Android and Sense. You are left with about 1GB for apps which is still plenty from what I can tell so far. I owned a G2x for about a month which boasts 8GB internal storage but they use about 2GB for Android, give you about 1.5GB for apps and then separate the remaining 4GB for internal storage of pics/music. They categorize that 4GB as an internal SD card.

That being said I'm more than happy with the Sensation so far. Check out my first impressions here.

Or you can see my disappointing review of the G2x here.

Upvote 0
In fact I have heard that the Galaxy S2 only has 1.9GB available for apps (not sure) and if true then actually difference between the two in real terms is 2:1 not 16:1 as gets widely reported.

i think it's similar to what wmurphy1975 said about the g2x - they've got a 16 gig chip divided in to two partitions; one of which has the os and stuff and leaves you with that 1.9 gigs of app space, and the other has the rest (10-13 gigs?) for whatever you want to store in there

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones