• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Weather app current location problems

pmm75

Dec 21, 2011
Hello.

I have recently experienced problems with this app and related widgets. It used to tell my location nicely when set to current location but stopped some weeks ago. Now all I get is "Finland" where it used to say "Helsinki, Finland (current location)" or something similar more specific. As you can guess, "Finland" is a bit vague (no, it doesn't snow all the time, all over here). Sometimes in the old weather app it used to comment something about not being able to connect to location server or some such but after Sense 3.0 update it no longer gives even that.

I've tried everything except factory reset which I wont do. I've cleared app data from everything weather related, forced stop, unchecked and checked again everything under settings/location, booted the phone, removed widgets and added them again but nothing helps.

I've used WeatherBug since then and it works nicely and finds my location. It has quite sparse network of separate weather locations though and doesn't function together with HTC widgets and lock screen. Are there any ideas how I could get my HTC weather working again with the location server?

ps. Sorry if I post on the wrong sub forum. This is obviously HTC related but not phone model related I suppose and I couldn't find a generic HTC/Sense sub forum.

I'm having exactly the same problem since upgrading to Sense 3.0 this week. In the actual widget app I have a list of all my chosen cities but I also have 'United Kingdom' displayed on the widget even though I haven't added it to my list. How to I delete United Kingdom and simply just have the cities I have selected and how can I display the weather in my current location on the unlock screen rather than showing 'United Kingdom'?
So frustrating!

Upvote 0
The strangest thing happened today. I have one HTC weather widget left on one page and I noticed it was actually showing the correct location "Helsinki (Uusimaa), Suomi" instad of just "Suomi" (that's Finland in Finnish). I immediately happily changed to weather lock screen only to notice that it only showed the generic Finland again. When I checked the widget again, it too had lost the location info again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones