• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Huawei P10mate Pro Hidden memory

Hi there,
I am looking for my second (twin app) WhatsApp data (databases etc), I cannot find anywhere?
I also have noticed that my phone stores the media from my second WhatsApp in a file called "memorycard/11/WhatsApp" but I have no memory card installed and this location on the phone doesn't show even via a PC.

Thanks in advance.

you have two whatsapp installed on your phone? how is that possible? and are you sure that is where the data is stored? android has a weird way of naming files that do not make sense to most people and does not always do what they may seem like based off of the name of the file.

you have two whatsapp installed on your phone? how is that possible? and are you sure that is where the data is stored? android has a weird way of naming files that do not make sense to most people and does not always do what they may seem like based off of the name of the file.

Hi there,

It is using the "twin app" function that Huawei have, it is also available of the latest samsungs too but they call it dual app.

ok i have never used whatsapp, is this setting inside the app? or in the phone's setting?

and just curious as to why you are looking for where the data is stored?

ok i have never used whatsapp, is this setting inside the app? or in the phone's setting?

and just curious as to why you are looking for where the data is stored?

Twin app or dual app is available for other apps (facebook, skype, snapchat), I use x2 whatsapps as I have a personal number and a work number but I use on my phone as I hate my work phone (they are separate WhatsApp accounts).
I want to take my conversations databases and also know where my media is actually being stored as it is like it is stored in a location that does not exist even though I can view the media (photos).

Twin app or dual app is available for other apps (facebook, skype, snapchat), I use x2 whatsapps as I have a personal number and a work number but I use on my phone as I hate my work phone (they are separate WhatsApp accounts).
I want to take my conversations databases and also know where my media is actually being stored as it is like it is stored in a location that does not exist even though I can view the media (photos).
can't you just backup your data within whatsapp?

I can do.
But... I want to take the database away and open on a PC. Also I am quite interested on where it has gone and where this virtual drive is.
from what i have read it backs it up to google drive....which you can then open on any pc.

and from what i have read it is encrypted to protect your data and that is a good thing. there is not much out there that mentions what files are being used when it saves your data....and again this is a good thing. if it is easy to find your data, then it could be easily compromised. even if you do find the file.....the data most likely is unreadable as i mentioned it is probably encrypted and can only be read by whatsapp.

yeah I know I can backup via google drive and I can back up from the folder location when I run the back via WhatsApp.

I want to remove the database, view on a PC. Hence why I want to find the location of the file. plus I want to know actually where my phone is storing media files especially as the folder does not exist.

Back
Top Bottom