• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Huawei Premia 4g will not power up

linkd

Lurker
So, my 2nd Premia (the 1st was replaced by Metro PCS after dying on me in Oct '13), froze yesterday morning and won't start up at all after 6 months of working just fine. The battery tested fine but Metro could not tell what was wrong with the phone. The battery charge level at the time it died was very low. I let it sit overnight last night without the battery in it. This morning, after charging the battery with a friend's Premia, I put the battery in and the phone immediately started blinking red in intervals of 3. Does anyone know what that means?

After pressing the power button to see if it would power up... the red blinking went from intervals of 3 to a steady flashing red light for about ten seconds and then no more blinking/lights of any kind whatsoever... the phone appears to be totally unresponsive. Anyone have any idea what the red blinking light may mean (intervals of 3 or solid flashing)?

Since I bought my original Premia from Metro over a year ago, and have had the replacement phone for over 30 days, Metro will not replace it again. They are trying to sell me another phone but I am looking at all possible options. If this Premia is in fact dead, instead of buying another Premia for $90 on eBay, I may go with an unlocked Galaxy note 3 or iPhone 5s.

Back
Top Bottom