• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Huawei T3 memory problem.

I have a 4 year old Huawei T3 10 running Android 7. I get the storage almost full message, but the storage settings does not respond. I have cleared memory before, but cant now.
Is the device knackered as its 4 years old, and I dont mind replacing it as its not a lot of money, but silly to do so if theres something I can do to regain storage.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Storage settings no responding sounds like something is badly wrong.

Clearing caches provides short-term relief. That device is old enough that you can probably still boot into recovery mode and wipe the system cache partition (modern devices no longer work that way). Or go into Settings > Apps and wipe some of the bigger app caches: browsers are a good place to start, social media apps generally worth a go, news apps and similar, anything that might be frequently downloading content.

Hopefully you can clear enough space that the device will become usable again, allowing you to tidy things as you would prefer. But at some point the only solution to storage issues is to remove content or apps from the device - caches refill with time, so clearing them it always a stop-gap measure.

My S5 would freeze doing the same thing if I got the storage so darned full that it had literally 1% remaining. In fact a lot of apps wouldn't open at all due to it. It ran so hot it was uncomfortable to keep in pocket and battery life (what battery life?)

If you can remove apps/content via a file browser or in application manager where the icon up top warning about storage goes away (~10% storage left) you might be able to go into storage settings and not have it freeze.

4 years old is still new to me. My phone (Galaxy SII) is from 2011. It works perfectly fine. I also suggest to not hit 'update' so often as that will add up storage demands as well as demands on RAM and CPU eventually. I recommend disabling Auto Update in Play Store.

Honestly though, have we become so wasteful that 4 years is 'old' now? What happened to keeping things for over 30 years plus? You can graduate from Harvard with an i486!

I have a 4 year old Huawei T3 10 running Android 7. I get the storage almost full message, but the storage settings does not respond. I have cleared memory before, but cant now.
Is the device knackered as its 4 years old, and I dont mind replacing it as its not a lot of money, but silly to do so if theres something I can do to regain storage.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
what do you mean you can't clear memory? and by memory are you referring to cache or data? how are you trying to do this? and why can't you? error? something happens?

I`m not very computer literate, so I follow You Tube videos. Ive done the on + volume and did the clear, and re-boot. This has worked before, but not now. gone into memory & storage when I touch apps nothing happens. storage settings is highlited, but no response when taped, so with my very limited knowledge I think the device is past its lifetime. It was less than £100.00 4 years ago, so I cant complain I think i will replace it.
Thanks for the advice.

Storage settings no responding sounds like something is badly wrong.

Clearing caches provides short-term relief. That device is old enough that you can probably still boot into recovery mode and wipe the system cache partition (modern devices no longer work that way). Or go into Settings > Apps and wipe some of the bigger app caches: browsers are a good place to start, social media apps generally worth a go, news apps and similar, anything that might be frequently downloading content.

Hopefully you can clear enough space that the device will become usable again, allowing you to tidy things as you would prefer. But at some point the only solution to storage issues is to remove content or apps from the device - caches refill with time, so clearing them it always a stop-gap measure.

Thanks for the advice.
I think it must be dying, and at less than £100.00 4 years ago Im not complaining, so will probably replace with something similar.
I dont need super performance, as I mostly use my I Mac desk top.

Back
Top Bottom