• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I am having the same issue with mine, won't turn on.

Darbella

Lurker
I am having the same issue with mine. It is five months old...yesterday the camera froze while switching to video mode. I had to shut down the phone and turn it back on. As the day went on, the battery wore down fast as it has been since I got the phone, so put it on the charger. The charge indicator showed it in the yellow zone. This morning I went to use the phone and it is completely black. Phone has never been dropped or wet. I had been to us cellular to complain about the battery life several times as it seems it dies fast, and was told I would have to buy a new battery. This was a new phone and having these issues? At this point I am ready to re activate my iPhone! Now I am heading to the store to see what advise they have or if they can fix whatever is wrong...if not I will need to use my iPhone again. This is terrible because I have all my business contacts in there as well as texts from customers and more.

I am having the same issue with mine. It is five months old...yesterday the camera froze while switching to video mode. I had to shut down the phone and turn it back on. As the day went on, the battery wore down fast as it has been since I got the phone, so put it on the charger. The charge indicator showed it in the yellow zone. This morning I went to use the phone and it is completely black. Phone has never been dropped or wet. I had been to us cellular to complain about the battery life several times as it seems it dies fast, and was told I would have to buy a new battery. This was a new phone and having these issues? At this point I am ready to re activate my iPhone! Now I am heading to the store to see what advise they have or if they can fix whatever is wrong...if not I will need to use my iPhone again. This is terrible because I have all my business contacts in there as well as texts from customers and more.

If the new battery does not work, it could be the charging cable or the usb port. Do you have another charger to test it?

Hi, yes, I had to get a new battery. went to the store and they tested is and it was not taking a charge. they said Samsung will replace it seeing as the phone is only 5 months old, but that I would have to either wait 6-8 weeks for it to come, buy a new one at Batteries Plus, or order one for about 10.00 on Amazon. I ended up buying one for 40.00 at BP, but will still have Samsung send a replacement.

I moved your post on it's own, for proper help and support.

Hi, yes, I had to get a new battery. went to the store and they tested is and it was not taking a charge. they said Samsung will replace it seeing as the phone is only 5 months old, but that I would have to either wait 6-8 weeks for it to come, buy a new one at Batteries Plus, or order one for about 10.00 on Amazon. I ended up buying one for 40.00 at BP, but will still have Samsung send a replacement.

Yes, call Samsung and tell them what the store said, and they will send you a replacement and I'm sure it won't take that long, just make sure you keep the bad Battery as there is a good chance they will ask for it back.

Back
Top Bottom