• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I am looking for a car mount

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Cairo, Egypt
Hey there

I am sorry for all the threads I have been starting lately but I am totally new to HTC and the Android scene in general.

I am looking for a mount/holder because the HTC One X is too big to fit correctly in my cup holder, where I always put my BlackBerry before, and I honestly don't like keeping it in my pocket or putting it on the passenger seat since any sudden brake and it will fly, lol.

I have been searching locally but unfortunately HTC isn't very popular here and I rarely find any accessories for it. It took me about two days of searching in order to find a good back cover that's actually worth paying for. The HTC Showroom is good for nothing and has no accessories except a pouch for the One X.

I used to have a mount for the iPhone 4 that was to be placed in the air conditioner's vent, and that is definitely a strategic place, especially in the winter where I don't use the AC. I would be so grateful if someone could link me to a mount that is designed for the One X (or at least the One X would fit correctly in) and is to be placed in the AC's vent.

p.s. I did find one cheap, universal car mount that the One X would fit in but it's a windshield mount and I truly despise those.

Thank you!

The car dock for the Sprint HTC Evo 4g LTE works with the One X. I have one and it works great. You can just go to a Sprint store to buy it. Here is the link:
Sprint - All Accessories

This mount automatically puts the phone in car mode. I also run a micro usb cable from one of those little car chargers with a USB port. It charges via (AC) so it charges faster.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
Upvote 0
Ah.. I remember when I had my old Mazda a year and a half ago and I was driving back home at 2 AM when suddenly a spider started appearing in front of me.. it was 'hanging by a thread' literally, lol, and it kept coming down. I actually activated the stop lights immediately and parked to the right because I was so scared, it was huge! I ended up emptying my Doritos bag and killing it with it. :(

Upvote 0
Haha.. unfortunately I did not eat the Doritos and yes, I felt really bad afterwards because I got the huge imported version which actually cost me a lot of money. But then again I'd rather waste chips than get bitten by a spider!! LOL.. I have this phobia of all insects, for some reason, and I really want to get over it but am not able to. I mean in all seriousness, a cockroach scares me way more than an angry, hungry stray dog, for instance. I do not know why, I guess there's a 'disgust' factor that plays a role, but I am not too sure.

Regarding the mount, I have decided on the spider one. I am still having problems with my master card, though, as I set a secure code for online purchases and then forgot it. Hopefully as soon as I get everything sorted out with the Bank, I'll be able to buy it.

Upvote 0
With the one X I thoroughly recommend getting the vent one. The One X gets very hot in use, and you put it in the windscreen in summer and use it, the phone will not charge. The standard HTC holder is brilliant for what it does, but putting it in the window makes it useless.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones