• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I Broke the Endless Verizon Loop!

Tekpedia

Lurker
I want to pass along my experiences in case others may find it useful. I decided to root my Vortex the other day Ver: 2.2.2. The reason for the root is that I was tired of all of Verizon's Bloat Apps taking up the little space that there is on this phone. I found an app that did it just find: GingerBreak; Google it. I was really full of myself. I then installed 'Titanium Backup (root) for Android'. I backed up the apps I wanted to delete and deleted the apps, which TB allows you to do.

Everything was going fine, but as usual I started getting too brave for my own good. I deleted Bing! Unfortunatley, when you do this, it also deletes some required files and put the phone into the dreaded Verizon Loop.

So, off to Google.... After trying various restore procedures and much searching on the various errors I was just about ready to use it as a paper weight. I came across an article on rolling back the Vortex to Ver: 2.2 which is what it ships with. The procedure has many steps and the instructions need to be followed to the letter. Not an area I have ever been very good at.

The end of the story is that it worked like a charm, I was not back to a clean device with Froyo 2.2. The upside of this is that now the Z4Root app works like a charm to root the phone. I installed Titanium and removed the Verizon Apps, leaving Bing on this time.

The downloads and full instructions on rolling back the LG Vortex to 2.2 can be found at: Rolling Back Your Vortex

Back
Top Bottom