• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I can't update Google Search

My phone has Android 4.1.1 and Voice Search 3.0.1, I've seen the latest Google Search which is something like Apple's Siri and I've tried updating to it without any success.

It's not showing up in the Play Store and when I find it on my PC it says "not compatible with any of your devices".
I've also tried download APK files but it says "There is a problem parsing the package" when I try to install them.

I'm thinking I might have to uninstall Google Search and Voice Search but I can't find how to uninstall them.

Can anyone help?

Hi there, welcome to Android Forums!

What phone do you have, and who is your carrier? If you add that info to your profile so we can always see it, it makes getting you the help you need a lot faster (because we don't have to ask for it every time).

If I had to guess I would say if it's not showing up in a Play Store search then it's either not compatible with your phone or your carrier is blocking it from view. You can still give it a try though;

Uninstall the updates (you cannot uninstall the apps completely unless you root) by going in to your phones settings and tapping on your Applications. Locate them there in the All list, tap on one of them, clear the data, clear the cache and THEN uninstall the updates.

Reboot the phone.

Log in to the Play Store and allow them to update. See if you get the updated versions you need.

Upvote 0
:( Doesn't look promising.

You're only option may be to root the phone. Hopefully someone else has a more suitable option for you that I haven't thought of.

Sorry that I couldn't help you further. :(

Are you looking for Google Search, or are you referring to Google Now?

If I'm not mistaken, Google Now is implemented into Google Search. The OP just doesn't have the updated version of Google Search.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones