• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I don't use switchers, and still gain System R/W...

DyMiC

Awhile ago, there was a script written that was SUPPOSED to give you Permanent System R/W (PermRoot) in 4.4.4 after using KingRoot to TempRoot. I tried it, and it only gains it for the one instance after the script reboots the phone. Once you reboot again, you lose System R/W. I used it to get rid of all the bloatware in stock 4.4.4 and to also get rid of the stock launcher and replace it with the one I want.

Low and Behold, my inquisitive self decided to try it after I flashed the CM13 Beta... AND IT WORKS (again, for only the one instance). I haven't had to go through to pain of using a switcher and the nightmare of forgetting to restore. I've read the horror stories.

So, if you still have that ztereadwrite444.sh file floating around somewhere... try it out instead of using switchers.

Awhile ago, there was a script written that was SUPPOSED to give you Permanent System R/W (PermRoot) in 4.4.4 after using KingRoot to TempRoot. I tried it, and it only gains it for the one instance after the script reboots the phone. Once you reboot again, you lose System R/W. I used it to get rid of all the bloatware in stock 4.4.4 and to also get rid of the stock launcher and replace it with the one I want.

Low and Behold, my inquisitive self decided to try it after I flashed the CM13 Beta... AND IT WORKS (again, for only the one instance). I haven't had to go through to pain of using a switcher and the nightmare of forgetting to restore. I've read the horror stories.

So, if you still have that ztereadwrite444.sh file floating around somewhere... try it out instead of using switchers.
Dude , I made an app that all you have to do is push a few buttons. It comes with broken M.

Ehh. It's been awhile since I've flashed anything. I saw the app in your current BrokenOS build. If it's that easy to use, I'll figure it out. Thanks again for your hard work!

Ehh. It's been awhile since I've flashed anything. I saw the app in your current BrokenOS build. If it's that easy to use, I'll figure it out. Thanks again for your hard work!
Hold on , I'll get you a link to a video on how to use

Back
Top Bottom