• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I forgot which recovery I used

iHaxxu

Lurker
I remember that I rooted the phone the day it was able to be rooted, and that i used the recovery that someone figured out a couple days later..but I just cant remember the name of the recovery..Is there any way to check, because people are saying not to use a specific one for flashing CM7. How do I check which one i have and/or install another one?

Edit: So im sitting here restoring my previous data after repartitioning the MicroSD, and i see xionia_cwma_12518.6.img still sitting in the root of the drive. Is it safe to use xionia to flash CM7 or should i be trying to find this "new recovery menu that only a handful of us have"?

Apparently it's not safe to use xionia. The new recovery is out now. Just look around the forum. If you can't find it here try mycricketforum.com

Would you mind telling me the name of this "new recovery"? Also, do I need to uninstall the old one before installing the new one? Would I still be able to use the stock backup I made so long ago using xionia? I just was make sure I can return to stock in the event that I need to have the phone replaced. I guess I could always return it to stock now, flash the new recovery when I figure out what it's valued, and make a new stock backup if I need to.

Back
Top Bottom