• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I got an android virus in my reverb. help.

bunanson

I dont know how I got it. This page showed up sporadically, sometimes is 15 sec, sometimes is 5 min, blocking all the screen, cannot even use the phone. It popped up only when I am using a hotspot and accessing internet. wifi is alright. I restored to 3 months ago copy, and it popped up again. I am running party time 3.2 any idea what to do? Dont tell me I have to revert to factory, I am not that savvy, maybe re-install party time 3.2; it has been going on for 2 days, I am very stressful :( ; this is my daily phone

The page "You have log in succesful....you may close this window" It popped up so
frequent and I have no idea where it come from.

:(

bun

Attachments

• login virus.jpg
    login virus.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 244
Are you sure it's a virus?

Have you tried any antivirus apps such as Avast?

Have you installed any third-party or hacked apps (like ones that aren't from Google Play)?

No. I thought android device are immune to virus. I have NOT seen any android virus. It all anecdoctal. No. I did not install any anti virus software on my android phone. I think I probably would wipe the damn thing clean, and re install - party time 3.2 again. I am shock a restoration from 3 months ago did not take care of it. I am not sure this is an android virus. But it fits all the virus definition, it block your screen, it will not close even you click on the close button, it is uninvited, and there is no sign of who made it or source of origin, and it cripple your phone, you cannot use the phone, the screen covered completely. Have I install anything NOT from google play. Unfortunately YES. and quite alot too. Oh well, I will see if anybody has any suggestion, or I will just bite the bullet and do a fresh install.

TIA,

bun

I found this, which doesn't really solve the problem, but might give you an insight into what is going on -

http://forums.androidcentral.com/an...3424-how-do-i-get-rid-screen.html#post3057532

And by chance found this, which looks just like your screenshot-

http://hla2.safemovedm.com/homepage.html

Found this, too, which might have a possible fix, but I can't really test it myself-

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...hotspot-login-assistant-possible-malware.html

And I think this might be the company that makes the HLA software -

http://www.birdstep.com/english/sec...-mobile-vpn/safemove-mobile-vpn-editions.aspx

Hopefully this gives you a lead! Cheers

Not exactly sure how this ties in to you but that is the exact screen I get when I agree to the network terms on the Winn Dixie/Bi-lo's free public network when shopping. BTW, the word close is a link to get rid of the page. You can then surf the web as usual. At least that's how it works for me.

Next time you get the message you should check your wifi settings to identify what wifi you're on. I imagine its a public hotspot that auto agrees to the terms for you and logs you in.

Not exactly sure how this ties in to you but that is the exact screen I get when I agree to the network terms on the Winn Dixie/Bi-lo's free public network when shopping. BTW, the word close is a link to get rid of the page. You can then surf the web as usual. At least that's how it works for me.

Next time you get the message you should check your wifi settings to identify what wifi you're on. I imagine its a public hotspot that auto agrees to the terms for you and logs you in.

Unfortunately, this is at home on my own hotspot. Nothing to do with any public domain. And clicking the close has no effect, screen stays on. I do not care what people call this, obviously it is some nasty web tricks, as it cover the whole screen and popup quite often. And I have other phones/tablets in the house when connect to the same hotspot, and none of them show this screen.

I dont know,

bun

Well, the only time I've ever seen anything like this is when someone installs an application that makes this pop-up. Same principle of ad-ware. Just uninstall any recent apps you've downloaded and eventually, it should go away.

Back
Top Bottom