• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I had an accident...

Dydey90

Lurker
I did something a but silly...

My phone battery doesn't seem to last long enough when I'm out on a night. The phone is generally flat by 3am so I had a brilliant idea and bought a spare battery. Awesome. So the next day I charged up the phone and when it reached 99% charge I swapped the battery (I discovered that if you change batteries while it's still taking on juice it doesn't turn off). This was foolish however, as it now shows 100% charge for aaaaages, nose-dives down to 1% over the space of about an hour and then stays there until dead. It also refuses to charge while on 1% battery unless the phone is reset.

Short of a factory reset, what can I do?!

Once my battery got "stuck" at 100%. I didn't do any battery swapping though, so I guess it might not be a similar issue at all. If I remember correctly, simply taking the battery out and putting it back fixed it. Never had it again since.

If you have issues such as this, try removing the battery for around a minute, this should refresh the device and remove any glitches that may have occurred during the removal of the battery during charge.

Back
Top Bottom