• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have an unlimited iPhone data plan

When I get my Nexus S in a few days, I can just pop my sim card in and it'll work without any issues, correct?

Should be fine. If you're coming from an iPhone 4, you'll either need to get a new full-sized SIM card or an adapter since the iPhone 4 uses some weird microSIM card thing.

If you can't get a data connection first check your APN settings (Menu>Settings>Wireless and networks>Mobile networs>Access Point Names). It should automatically configure the APN settings for you as soon as you turn it on though.

You may also have to call up AT&T and register your new phone's IMEI#, but again, this should happen automatically, though some regions occasionally have issues with that.

I used a micro sim and placed in middle of sim card slot and it works great!

There you go. Seems even a micoSIM card fits.

Just curious, how securely is it in there? It seems to me that it might be able to slide from side to side and lose contact with the copper pins.

I've been reading some threads around this forum and it seems some people had to switch data plans. Am I gonna have that problem? I don't wanna lose my unlimited iPhone data plan.

I've been reading some threads around this forum and it seems some people had to switch data plans. Am I gonna have that problem? I don't wanna lose my unlimited iPhone data plan.

No, you shouldn't have that problem. The people who have had to switch plans were those that were on the $10/$15 unlimited web for feature and messaging phones.

There you go. Seems even a micoSIM card fits.

Just curious, how securely is it in there? It seems to me that it might be able to slide from side to side and lose contact with the copper pins.

The slot for the sim is very tight. I haven't taken off battery cover to look but it's been almost 2 weeks and it still works great so I know sim is fine.

Back
Top Bottom